by Carey Davidson, Tournesol Founder & CEO
Fall is officially here. According to Ayurvedic lifestyle guidance, it's time to shift how we eat and conduct our daily activities to maintain optimal health.
The seasons influence our bodies and minds the same as they influence nature. In early fall, two Ayurvedic constitutions become more dominant and require special attention to avoid becoming aggravated. These two are Vata and Pitta. Vata imbalances can result in restlessness, decreased strength, loss of sleep and grief. Pitta imbalances can result in anger, frustration, irritability and impaired memory.
Nourish your body and mind to improve your resilience this season with these 10 tips.
1. Add honey in food items that are not hot
2. Favor sour and salty tastes
3. Eat rice, wheat and barley
4. Boil your water for ten minutes before drinking it
5. Consider herbs like ashwaganda, licorice and holy basil
6. Avoid heavy foods
7. Avoid preserved foods
8. Avoid fruit in excess
9. Perform self massage with coconut oil before bed
10. Use a body mask of neem, corn flour and clay twice per week